Beginner Elliptical Workout for Obese People
Elliptical machines are one of the best types of equipment that you can use in a gym.
People who want to lose weight often use an elliptical because it helps to increase cardiovascular endurance through a short series of workout routines.
Also, it burns as many (or more) calories as treadmills and stationary bikes, giving obese people efficiency with less stress on the joints as it conditions the heart and lower body.
Elliptical trainers are also great for beginners, especially overweight ones, as it allows them to have a cardio workout that fits with them with ease and lessens their high-intensity exercise.
Here are some tips on starting an elliptical workout for obese people who want to lose weight.
Precautions for Elliptical Workout
If you have gained a lot of weight and just started to exercise or not exercised for an extended period, you have to take the cardio workout smoothly.
By doing so, you are less likely to experience injury, as your body needs more time to adapt to exercising and building your cardiovascular endurance.
When you gain control of what you are doing, it’s time to make a higher impact on your physical conditioning.
Also, before you try this workout, make sure to consult your elliptical trainer or health advisor, as high-intensity workouts may affect your heart rate and could lead to illnesses and injuries.
If you are entirely new to elliptical machines, you will feel the pressure mostly in your lower body and the front muscles in your thighs.
Your calories start to burn, and your muscle starts to build. Obese people mostly start with a shorter workout.
It will have a minimal effect on your body at first, and it won’t burn calories quickly, but the important thing is that you are doing what you’re capable of doing with these kinds of workouts.
Because of this, your body will be prepared for a more extended workout session in the future.
Elliptical Machine Instructions
Following these portions of the workout allows you to adapt to the indicated pace of exercise.
If you are feeling breathless or if your muscles can’t handle the pressure and get tired quickly, you must lessen the intensity of your workout.
Feel the momentum and continue to perform this workout at a slower pace. Follow this routine about three times a week to lessen the risk of injuries and lower body pain.
If you are confident with the exercise and feel that your body can handle the workout pressure, try to add more minutes to build up your lower body endurance.
- For the first 5 minutes of your workout, do light warmups and repetitions at a comfortable pace while keeping the resistance low.
- For the next 3 minutes, engage in a higher intensity workout by increasing the resistance. Make it double the pressure from doing warm-ups. This is just a starting routine but you should feel the intensity of your workout.
- Increase the resistance once again for a couple of minutes. Work slightly harder and faster than what you did at the previous workout pace.
- Slowly decrease the resistance of your workout back to a lighter starting routine. Do this for 3 minutes until your body is refreshed a bit.
- When things get lighter, slowly increase the resistance again for about 2 minutes. Repeat this process until you feel the pressure on your lower body.
- End the workout by slowly decreasing the resistance. Cool down your body by going back to warmups. Do this for about 5 minutes for a total of 20 minutes of workout.
Remember that you should consume enough water to rehydrate yourself after losing fluids during and after the workout.
By doing so, you will gain back your energy after a long period of workout sessions.
Benefits of Using Elliptical Machines
For obese people, the aerobic exercise that elliptical machines provide may be more helpful. These machines can be found anywhere in a fitness room and are undoubtedly easy to use.
Also, this machine is ideal for beginners, especially those who are starting to lose weight.
This is advisable for them to reduce their chances of getting injured and overfatigued.
For a 30-minute exercise session, a person who weighs almost 60 kgs can burn up to 270 calories.
This is proof of how beneficial the elliptical machine is to people who want to lose weight faster.
Increasing the resistance on the elliptical machine can burn calories faster, as the resistance gets the heart to pump and circulate the blood smoothly throughout the body.
It also strengthens the muscles and endurance level of a person who uses the machine, which is beneficial compared to other workout machines, such as stationary bikes and treadmills.
- Using an elliptical targets your lower body, particularly your hamstrings and quadriceps. It also targets the triceps and biceps in the upper part of your body.
- The movement while you pedal the machine can also help reduce mineral loss in your bones.
Elliptical machines are more comfortable than other equipment because they reduce the pounding impact from your foot on the pedals. Plus, you can adjust the resistance and speed.
- To reach your weight goals faster, combine your daily exercises with a much healthier diet. You need to burn more calories than you consume. By doing so, you can see faster results in a short period.
Starting a new workout routine or exercise is hard, especially for people starting to lose weight, such as obese people.
Keeping these exercises as a daily habit is essential to help you lose weight faster and keep your body in shape.
Workout equipment such as elliptical trainers are devices that will help you lose weight.
It is your choice whether to follow these workout techniques or develop a routine of your own.